Implementation of a CoBot
There is more to implementing a CoBot than just buying the machinery. Before putting it to use there are a number of things you need to consider.
- How will the delivery and discharge of products be arranged once the CoBot is there?
- How will the robot arm grasp the product?
- Does a software connection need to be made between the CoBot and a production machine?
There are quite a few questions that need to be answered. And of course we will help you with this. We have already built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise as system integrators of CoBots. Some applications may only require standard solutions, but this is often not the case. We may need to develop and test a solution that is specific to your particular production process before this can be implemented.
The automation process
Our robotics services start by assessing the situation on your work floor. We look at the following:
- The current processes.
- Where and how a CoBot can be deployed in order to automate a process.
- What is necessary in order to be able to offer the robot system as a complete plug & play set.
We then determine what would be the most suitable hardware for you, and put it together. This may involve some engineering work or customized software. In our training centre in Tiel we prepare a test set-up. You will be invited to attend a FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) there. If you approve, we will implement the robot set on your factory floor. This is followed by a SAT (Site Acceptance Test). If you wish, we can train your staff in the use of the CoBot at our training centre.
But let’s start at the beginning: the free production scan!